Saturday, April 17, 2010

Back in Ottawa

We arrived home last night around 8pm. The Ti is parked out in the street but it is raining this morning so we will catch up on other things – like laundry.

We did have a good trip home. Took us eight days and we did find some really neat campgrounds along the way. Although the further north you get the harder it is to find open campgrounds.

We stayed one night in Morry's yard - along with four other couples!! Kind of a mini rally wouldn't you say?

Anyhow I got a fix to my roof - had a screw starting to work its way through the roof liner. Had both my tip-outs (Slides) adjusted, cause they started to come in and out in an uneven / crooked way. Wanted my trailer raised, but they couldn't get that done. I would have had to wait till Monday to get it done by a trailer repair shop that Eric uses - Jane and I didn't want to spend four more days in Hanover, so we opted to come back at a later date.

I did purchase a new set of Hi-Spec zero offset rims. This is the offset that Dexter axles specify are needed to match their axles. For some reason Glendale went with a +10 offset, and Titanium trailers are experiencing a higher axle breakdown than other trailers. Too bad Glendale is bankrupt, so there is no recourse for this repair. So I rode home on my shiny new rims, but a bit poorer. Hopefully this is now one less thing to worry about.

If the sun comes out tomorrow, maybe I can wash the bugs off the front nose of the trailer. Our return trip was 2,580 miles – so I do have quite a collection of splats.

Once it is cleaned and emptied, I will take it back to its summer home at McGowan Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment